Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 88 - No Monday 'Grand' Day

With the 'Grands' visiting their dad for spring break,
I am left with an empty house today.

I spent my day....


Cleaning since I had to fire my housekeeper today.

It was the first time I ever fired anyone. Hubby usually takes care of the employee's at our business.

So why did she get fired?

She continuelly called the morning of with a reason why she wanted to bump me to the next week. In fact, when we hired her, for cleaning the whole house before our daughters wedding, she didn't show up the first day. Insisted to my daughter that there was mix up, which there wasn't (we were out of town and had it set up with our son to be here to let her in) and my hubby and I had to clean all the windows ourselves. When she took the job, I told her hubby had given me $300 for the cleaning. One day for windows, one day for the remodeled part of the house and the last day for the bathrooms and touch ups. Due to her inconsistant showing she only made $150. Yep, she only showed a day and a half. When we hired her, she was to work every friday and can only remember 1 month where she came each week. All the others were either every other or even 3 weeks between showing up. All with one excuse or the other.

I am very patient person, but when she didn't show up this last Friday without even a phone call, I had decided I had enough. I called her this morning, and of course she had a number of reasons why she didn't show or call, but I just told her that she didn't need to come anymore.

So now I am in the process of gathering my resumes and we'll be interviewing new candidates for the postion. Until then, I guess I have to do what I can.

No comments: